March 19th, 2024 Primary Election in days

Marriage Licenses

How Can You Obtain a Marriage License?

Go to: to fill out the marriage license application. After you’ve completed the online form, call the Clerk’s office at (618) 826-5000, ext. 191 to schedule an appointment to finish the process and receive your license.

When Should You Apply For Your Marriage License?

  • A license must be obtained at least ONE day before the marriage takes place.
  • The license is valid for 60 days.

What Is Required Before You Can Obtain a Marriage License?

  • A Government issued photo ID (Driver’s License, State ID Card, Military ID) for both parties.
  • The fee is $50.00 (payable by cash, check or credit/debit card).

What Other Requirements Are There?

  • Minors under age 18 but over age 16 must have the written consent of both parents.
  • A license issued in Randolph County cannot be used in any other county or state.

Who Can Perform the Marriage Ceremony?

  • Any ordained minister or religious leader
  • The Circuit or Associate Judge