March 19th, 2024 Primary Election in days

Military Discharges

All discharged military veterans should record copies of their military discharge papers (DD-214 forms) from any branch of the Armed Forces. This should be done in the veteran’s home county as soon as possible following discharge from the military service. There is no cost for this service.
Certified copies can then be provided at no cost to veterans throughout their lifetime. Please contact the County Clerk’s office for more information on obtaining a certified DD-214.
Thanks to a recent change in Illinois law, DD-214 records are now considered a confidential vital record and cannot be accessed by the public at large.